Key Aspects Of The WLCC HQ Constitution
Agreed upon for WLCC (HQ) Constitution and Approved by the Registrar of Society, Singapore:
- To appoint 1 Founding Member in each country
- No restriction on foreigners being elected as President, Vice Presidents or Council Members
- The Governing Council can have 100% foreigners except for the Treasurer who must be a Singaporean/Permanent Resident
- The Council Chairman of respective Country LIN Chambers shall also be the Executive Vice President of WLCC
- Each country to nominate:
- 1 Executive Vice President for WLCC & 6 Executive Council Members
- China entitled to : 2 Executive Vice Presidents & 12 Council Members
- The President shall serve a fisical term of 3 years (with max of 2 terms of 6 years)
- The World President position shall be strictly by election and on a rotational basis among all member countries
- Election procedures shall be standardized for all Country Chambers
- Entitlement to vote for WLCC: Comprises the Governing Council - World President, Executive Vice President of each country, Secretary, Assistant Secretary, Treasurer, Assistant Treasurer and Executive Council Members from respective countries.
- Governing Council of WLCC - President, Secretary General, Assistant Secretary General, Executive Vice Presidents, Vice Presidents, Treasurer, Assistant Treasurer and 40 Executive Council Members from respective countries.